Pages

Friday, July 07, 2006

First quilt I started

I actually can't remember exactly what triggered my interest in quilting. For some reason, I started watching Alex Anderson's quilting show on TV, and really admired the quilts of Sandy Bonsib, one of her guests. I ordered her book, Folk Art Quilts, and pulled out my mom's old Singer sewing machine. This quilt was the result. I titled this blog post "First quilt I started" because it's not the first quilt I completed. Mid-way through making this quilt, I decided I was enjoying myself enough to try taking a class. I signed up for Begin with Bev at Eddie's, my local quilting store and school. The green quilt in the blog post above this one is the result of that class, and the first quilt I completed. I finished this quilt shortly thereafter. Here's a picture of Tucker where he happens to be resting on the quilt, followed by a picture I took today to show the quilt in full.



1 comment:

jovaliquilts said...

I don't think I've ever seen this one in person! I love it -- it's exactly the kind of quilt I want to make myself before too long. I love the jaunty angles. It was quite an adventurous undertaking for a first quilt.
Cheri