Pages

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Julia likes the back better (so does Mommy)

I don't remember this quilt being part of this photo session, and in fact this was the only picture (among 50 or so taken in the session) that shows the quilt. But I include it because it shows one of my favorite things about this quilt -- the back! This is the blue and yellow quilt I've discussed before in previous posts, but here you can sort of see the back. I chose a completely unrelated, but adorable and very funny fabric for the back. It shows cats and birds, with the cats saying "Birds drool, cats rule!" (See detail picture below.)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jovaliquilts said...

I know some people simply do plain muslin on the backs, but I like the backs to be interesting, too. It's like getting another quilt. I found on the first quilt I made (Japanese Lightening) that I preferred the back, so now I think about that carefully. (By the way, I like the front of your quilt, too!)
Cheri